Embark on a magical adventure with your friends to become the hero of Camelot
London, 25 October: the highly anticipated, Merlin: The Game, is now available to play in open beta. With no big downloads and no install necessary, access to Facebook’s newest and most exciting social game is just a click away. This fun and beautifully crafted game introduces more casual gamers to a real-time, co-operative, role-playing experience, on the world’s most popular social network.
Award winning Bossa Studios plan to change your perception, again, of what a social game can offer:
- Merlin allows you and six of your best friends to fight off hordes of monsters, complete quests and explore new exciting areas.
- As you battle across Camelot gain experience points, level up and customise your character with the skills you want to use.
- Progressing through the game allows you to upgrade your equipment from the basic clothing of the medieval age to shimmering suits of armour, or colourful sorcerer’s robes.
- Striking and exciting visuals allow you to dive into the world of Merlin and explore the world of Camelot beautifully rendered in a new stylised environment.
Be part of the story in the action adventure game that will always have new content for you to explore.
Bossa Studios have had a blast developing Merlin: The Game and here are few highlights from the process:
- The most redesigned part of the game was Merlin’s ears.
- The lyrics for The Knights of the Round Table from Monty Python and the Holy Grail were used as placeholder text during alpha stage.
- The very first design decision on maximum size of maps was 10×10. Now we have some buildings in the hub bigger than 10×10.
- During the making of Merlin the team consumed enough pizza to cover a tennis court.
- The name ‘Leo’ (one of our developers) has appeared in the game in 52 different places during development. 8 of which are currently still in the live game.
About Bossa Studios:
stablished in October 2010, London-based Bossa Studios is led by a team of die-hard gaming veterans from the worlds of gaming and entertainment. Together Bossa Studios has one single purpose: to revolutionise the social gaming market. In September 2011, the company launched its first real-time social game, Monstermind and also joined Shine Group. As part of Shine Group, Bossa Studios is devising content exclusively for the social networking space and developing new cross platform content assets. The studio is also working with existing Shine Group properties.